Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sex and the City II - coming May 2010


Yep, I'm a guy who likes Sex and the City. My wife forced me to watch all six seasons of the TV series and the movie last year and I fell in love with the series, the characters and the clever, witty storylines which don't exclude the male perspective as much as I thought they would.
So naturally I was pleased to hear that filming for Sex and the City II had begun in New York City and that that the sequel would hit our screens next May.
Of course all the girls are back reprising the roles that have made them such household names around the world including Sarah Jessica Parker (Carrie Bradshaw), Kim Cattrall (Samantha), Cynthia Nixon (Miranda) and Kristin Davis (Charlotte).
Also seen on the streets of the 'Big Apple' during filming last week is Carrie's on-screen husband and regular Mr Big (Chris Noth).
Reports say the character of Mr Big was not wearing his wedding ring in one scene leading to speculation that the pair may break up again during the movie's storyline.
Writer-director-producer Michael Patrick King is also back at the helm to oversee proceedings. After the original movie last year grossed over $400 million dollars at the world-wide box office, a sequel was always going to happen.
My wife is not the only one looking forward to this one.