Monday, September 28, 2009

Sabrina attacks Idol experience


by Nathan Taylor

Today on The Daily Telegraph blog I had the opportunity to ask Sabrina Batshon who was eliminated last night from Australian Idol what she thought of the standard of this year's series?

Also with Australian Idol being in a ratings slump this year, I asked her if she thought it was because of the low standard of contestants or that woeful new judge Jay Dee.

You'll be surprised on what she opened up about... here's what she said:


(sic) Thank you for the support but I dont wish to make the same mistake viewers did in judging people. The Idols are my best friends and I don’t have any ill feeling towars them. They are all extremely talented and I think Idol has created a bad name for itself. It’s the people that vote and the way the cookie crumbles. I think they need new judges. People are getting really bored and the judges are under alot of pressure to give a good show and when you are just saying things to entertain people, people get bored. Dicko’s gotten away with murder, and Marcia’s very kind. JDee needs alot of time to warm up. But with JDee you need 2 stronger judges, and Marcia and Dicko are not as strong. I think Dicko has said a lot of things, he makes derogatory comments and i don’t know if the fans agree with that, his jokes are not funny. We;ve watched that year after year and it gets boring. I didnt watch Idol beforehand, and I joined as I had no expectation. Kyle is fascinating to watch, he is funny and real and witty and not there to play games and they need that, its crucial for the show, and in my opinion i dont know if theyll bother airing it next year. Right now, they are just drowning. Im glad it did it though.
**The comments Sabrina made to me have been picked up as stories by The Daily Telegraph and TV Tonight. I wish they credited me for asking the question!**