Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FRIENDS MOVIE - one step closer....maybe!

by Peter Lang - Hollywood is abuzz once again this week with word that a FRIENDS motion picture is one step closer to becoming a reality with one major report quoting everyone's favourite coffee shop waiter James Michael Tyler (Gunther) as the source behind the latest rumours.

Tyler told Britain's News of the World newspaper that a FRIENDS movie is definitely on its way.
"I still keep in touch with a lot of the cast and they say that they are really keen," he said.
"I am definitely on board to do the film. I am looking forward to meeting up with the old gang again," Tyler said.
"I just hope we can do justice to the show in a film."

I have to say at this point, I wouldn't be holding my breath until a more senior cast member, aka, one of the 'big six' actually signs up for the picture.

Of course 'Gunther' would want to be in the movie and see it happen, that's a no-brainer.

Being a huge FRIENDS fan nobody wants to see the movie more than me but with Jennifer Aniston and Matthew Perry both enjoying recent big screen success and the other four major cast members all involved in other long term projects, I think a movie may be some way off.

They wouldn't want to wait too long however with all cast members in their early to mid 40s if too many more years pass by the movie will take place in a retirement village!

For the record this is how old the 'big six'currently are.

Jennifer Aniston, 40, Courteney Cox, 45, Lisa Kudrow, 46, Matt LeBlanc, 42, Matthew Perry, 40, and David Schwimmer, 42