Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Michael Jackson: A Beautiful End


This morning I woke up at 2:50am to tune in to an event that I never thought I'd see for a very long time. Michael Jackson's Memorial service today was amazing, emotional and powerful.

The likes of Stevie Wonder, Mariah Carey, Lionel Richie, Usher, Jermaine Jackson all performed their hearts out and paid a very fitting and beautiful tribute to this genius.

As his golden casket laid there fit for a king, special words were said from many of his friends and family. So many beautiful quotes came from the Memorial one in particular stood out for me by long time friend Stevie Wonder, "As much as we feel we need Michael here with us, God must've needed him far more." A perfect line to help all Jackson fans move on.

But perhaps the biggest tear-jerker was when his daughter 11 year-old Paris spoke on stage which seemed very unplanned. When she said "He was the best father you could ever imagine" and that she loved him so much, I think that made the whole world shed a tear...including me.

Long Live The King... Michael Jackson 1958-2009.